Andy is founder and CEO of Tulip Media, a very successful business combining digital and print media. This idea sprang from the ashes of his former business, Green Village Home and Garden – a home and garden shop in Canada.
Like many people and businesses, Andy was hit hard by the global financial crisis of 2007, but he didn’t let it drag him down. Today, alongside running Tulip Media, Andy is also a certified Scale Up coach, sharing over 20 years of sales, marketing, operations, business development and entrepreneurship experience with his clients as he travels across the US and Canada, talking to entrepreneurs about how they can own the ink in their industry.
“My track record speaks for itself. Over 57% of the “for-profit” organisations that I have coached over the past 10 years have gone on to sell for 2x+ industry multiple and often 5-10x founders expectations.”
This is a hugely insightful and honest conversation; we hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
On today’s podcast:
- The rise and fall of Green Village Home and Garden
- Dealing with a very public bankruptcy
- Why he became a Scale Up coach
- How he got into the publishing business
- How Tulip Media can help your business
- Why you need to create content for both digital and print platforms
- The importance of performance reviews for employees